Mailchimp is the preferred email marketing service provider (ESP) for several small businesses as well as bloggers worldwide.
It’s a great email tool with useful features and it’s super easy to use. But it’s not necessarily the best email marketing service for every business and blogger out there.
While the Mailchimp forever free plan is ideal for most new bloggers, it has certain limitations. For instance, the forever free plan doesn’t offer an essential feature like email automation, which I think is a huge deal breaker.
Email automation is integral to growing and nurturing your email list. Other than this, the free plan doesn’t include advanced segmentation options, multivariate testing, and inbox preview. Further more, there is no email and chat support for the forever free plan.
For people who are looking to migrate from Mailchimp to better options, let’s deep dive into 3 of the best alternatives to Mailchimp.
3 Best Mailchimp Alternatives
If reliability and reputation are your primary motive to migrate from Mailchimp, there is no better Mailchimp alternative than AWeber.
Founded in 1998, AWeber is the preferred ESP used by over 120,000+ small businesses, bloggers, and entrepreneurs from all around the world. AWeber is easy to use, has all the essential features, and has the #1 customer service team among all email service providers.
Key features – AWeber has tons of useful features, but some of its key features such as autoresponders (automated emails), blog broadcasts, and A/B Split Testing deserve special mention. AWeber is integrated with popular tools and services such as Google Analytics, LeadPages, WordPress, OptinMonster, WooCommerce, etc.
- Up to 500 subscribers – $19/month
- Up to 2,500 subscribers – $29/month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers – $49/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers – $69/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers – $149/month
- Over 25,000 subscribers – Contact AWeber for pricing
If you exceed your plan’s monthly limit, you will be billed for the next plan up. This is a common practice among majority of email service providers.
The best part about AWeber’s 30-day trial is that they unlock all the essential features of their product. This means you get access to features such as autoresponders, A/B split testing, blog broadcasts, etc. right away.
AWeber FREE Trial —> Sign up for a free 30-day trial of AWeber
Still not convinced? Check out our detailed review of AWeber here.
Free Resources by AWeber
- What to Write in Your Emails (FREE PDF) –> Download Now
- Growing Your Business with Email Marketing (FREE EBOOK) –> Download Now
Launched in 1999, GetResponse is yet another email marketing service with a lot of reputation and a wide array of helpful tools and reports to please email marketing newbies and pros alike.
Key features – GetResponse includes a great selection of features, regardless of the number of subscribers your site has. Some of the key features include Email Creator with 500+ templates, Landing Page Creator with 100+ templates, A/B Split Testing, Inbox Preview, Time Travel Feature, Autoresponders 2.0, and Email Analytics. GetResponse also offers over 90 integrations including popular services such as PayPal, Google Analytics, WordPress, Shopify, etc.
Pricing – The basic email plan gives you unlimited email marketing, autoresponders and a landing page that can accommodate up to 1000 visitors per month. This plan is perfect for small businesses and professional bloggers.
- Up to 1,000 subscribers – $15/month
- Up to 2,500 subscribers – $25/month
- Up to 5,000 subscribers – $45/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers – $65/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers – $145/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers – $250/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers – $450/month
The Pro email plan removes the limitations on the landing page and allows you to make as many of them as you want. You can also assign up to 3 users to your account and access webinars (up to 100 attendees).
- Up to 5,000 subscribers – $49/month
- Up to 10,000 subscribers – $75/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers – $165/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers – $280/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers – $490/month
The Max email plan allows you to assign up to 5 users to your account. You’ll also get a custom domain, a dedicated account manager, and you get access to webinars with 500 attendees.
- Up to 10,000 subscribers – $165/month
- Up to 25,000 subscribers – $255/month
- Up to 50,000 subscribers – $370/month
- Up to 100,000 subscribers – $580/month
There is an Enterprise email plan as well which starts from $799/month with 100,000 subscribers.
GetResponse Free Trial —> Try GetResponse FREE for 30 Days – No Credit Card Required
ConvertKit is a preferred email marketing service of several professional bloggers including Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income.
ConvertKit offers the same functionality and ease of use as other ESPs in this list, with one key difference: it’s tailored for bloggers. One of the most talk about features of ConvertKit is the automation rules that you can create with the tool. It’s based on a very simple “if this/then that” sequence.
Key features – Some of the key features of ConvertKit include responsive opt-in forms, landing page creation, email automation, email broadcasts, and campaign reporting. It’s also integrated with popular services such as Shopify, WooCommerce, Zapier, SumoMe, etc.
Pricing – The ConvertKit pricing is list-based. The biggest flip side is that there is no free trial available. However, when you sign up, there is an option for you to get the first month free. The basic email plan with 1000 subscribers starts from $29/month.
- 1,000 subscribers: $29/month
- 3,000 subscribers: $49/month
- 5,000 subscribers: $79/month
- 8,000 subscribers: $99/month
- 10,000 subscribers: $119/month
- 15,000 subscribers: $149/month
- 20,000 subscribers: $179/month
- 25,000 subscribers: $199/month
- 35,000 subscribers: $259/month
- 45,000 subscribers: $319/month
- 55,000 subscribers: $379/month
- 65,000 subscribers: $439/month
- 75,000 subscribers: $499/month
- 85,000 subscribers: $559/month
- 95,000 subscribers: $619/month
- 105,000 subscribers: $679/month
- 115,000 subscribers: $739/month
- 125,000 subscribers: $799/month
- 135,000 subscribers: $859/month
- 145,000 subscribers: $919/month
- 155,000 subscribers: $979/month
- 165,000 subscribers: $1,039/month
- 175,000 subscribers: $1,099/month
- 185,000 subscribers: $1,159/month
- 195,000 subscribers: $1,219/month
- 205,000 subscribers: $1,279/month
- 215,000 subscribers: $1,339/month
- 225,000 subscribers: $1,399/month
- 235,000 subscribers: $1,459/month
- 245,000 subscribers: $1,519/month
- 255,000 subscribers: $1,579/month
- 500,000 subscribers: $2,449/month
- 900,000 subscribers: $3,999/month
Sign up for ConvertKit —> ConvertKit First Month Free Signup
Free Resources by ConvertKit
- The Complete Guide to Email Marketing (FREE EBOOK) –> Download Now
- The State of Blogging 2016 (Annual Report) –> Get It Now
- Don’t Switch from Mailchimp (Blog Post) –> Read It Now
So these are some of the most popular alternatives to Mailchimp. If you have a preferred email marketing service which you think is a better alternative to Mailchimp than the ones listed here, please feel free to mention them in the comments section.
This article was originally published on 99signals on Aug 24, 2016.