If your niche has several competitors, then you need to ensure that your content ranks well in search engines and creates enough social media buzz in order to grab your customers’ attention.
Recently, Siege Media created an infographic which looks at how marketers can create content that’s 10X better than that of their competitors, along with 17 quick tips on what marketers can do to get their content rank well on search engines.
Here are my 10 favorite tips:
1. Add Content Types That Your Competitors Haven’t – Include graphics, videos, infographics, and other interactive content. Interactive content converts 2X better than static content.
2. Make it Simpler to Read – The average Flesch Readability Score of content ranking #1 was 76.5 (easily understood by 13-15 year old students). If you use WordPress, download Yoast SEO plugin which allows you to check the Flesch Readability Score of your content. You can also use tools such as Grammarly and Hemingway App to improve your content’s readability score.
3. Make it Better Structured – Content that ranked #1 in search engines had bulleted list 78% of the time.
4. Make the Fonts Bigger – Pages ranking #1 had 15.8 px font on average.
6. Source High Quality Photos – High quality images get 121% more shares. Check out this list of 20 websites where you can get free high-quality stock photos.
8. Link Out – Sites ranking high on Google link out 50% more than page 10 websites. Reaching out to the people mentioned in the article can increase social shares by 3-5 times.
9. Make It Longer – The average article ranking #1 has 2,416 words.
10. Share Your Content on Social Media at Optimal Times – The best time to share content on Facebook is between 1PM to 4PM Thursday – Sunday, 12 – 3.30 PM Monday – Thursday on Twitter, 5-6 PM Tuesday – Thursday on LinkedIn, and 8-11 PM Saturday – Sunday on Pinterest. Use scheduling tools such as Hootsuite, Agorapulse, and Buffer to schedule your content at optimal times.